10.27.2011

Number Thirty Four-I Know all the Plotlines

I know every plot line, character and song in "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse".  I can sing most of the songs from "The Backyardigans".  I know just by listening what is happening with "Jake and the Neverland Pirates".

I have no idea what is happening in the world besides what I see and read while in the Green Room.  I have NO clue what is on TV past the above mentioned shows.  

I want to be well read and well informed.  We have an election coming up and I want to know the candidates, know what they stand for, know their stances and policies.  I want to be aware of what is happening in the world.  I want to know what is happening in my community and how I can help.  The only problem is I don't really want to have the LM watch TV.  I don't want it to be a constant companion.

So I will switch it on while I get ready for the day and then it's off for the rest of the day.  I read the same books over and over and over to the LM because they are his favorites.  We have tried to start doing some Huck Finn but the LM is at that stage where he feels the need to destroy everything around him.  So board books it is for now.

"Now, let's count all of our gold doubloons and put them in our team treasure chest."

No comments: