10.10.2011

Number Seventeen-Dear Casting Directors

Dear Casting Directors:

I love that you ask for Mom's with children.  I love auditioning with my own son.  If there is a call that I can go to with my LM, I will be there without hesitation.  Hands down.

HOWEVER....

When you are auditioning a group of people and some of those people are toddlers, could you maybe try to get them in first?  

I got my audition time at a time I knew the LM would have gotten up from his nap, refreshed and ready to go.  We packed some food, games and books.  Enough for about an hour of entertainment.

The LM was terrific.  Super happy, smiling at everyone, waving at people, talking, reading, being sweet.  For the first hour. 

The second hour consisted of him running around the audition room, periodically screaming at the top of his lungs and stealing other actors cell phones.

Into hour number three he was a beast.  ANNNDDD we got called in.

Unless the directors wanted the spawn of Satan himself, I have a feeling we didn't get it.

No comments: