9.25.2011

Number Two-Naturally

I will readily admit to one and all that I am a bit on the crunchy side when it comes to child raising.

Crunchy, you know, granola.

I tend to look to the natural, organic, holistic/homeopathic way of life more than the current norm.  I know that my style is my style and I am not trying to be an advocate for anything except perhaps laughing more at yourself and the journey that is parenthood.  Today my son gave me reason to pause and rethink my love for the all natural way of life and also a good reason to laugh.  

After church this afternoon we came home and I got him out of his little white button up collared onesie (thank you mom, it's super cute on him!) and went in to the room to grab a cloth diaper and some comfy clothes for the little man.  I heard a "rrriiippp, rrriipppp" followed by a giggle.  My baby boy has recently found out how to take off his diaper and he relishes doing just that.  I figured it couldn't hurt him to run around naked for a second while I grabbed his clothes so I just kept on my way.  Then came the silence. I am certain if you have a child you know what I am talking about.  The silence means that unequivocally your child is doing something he or she should not.  I rushed back into the room to find my little love standing bare naked in front of our giant sliding glass window (which faces the street), staring at the people walking by.  I glanced down just in time to see the pool of his number one at his feet and the drop, drop, dropping of his number two all over my carpet.


He waved at the people and turned to me and smiled.


Naturally.

No comments: