9.24.2011

Number 1-Laundry and Life

I currently have seven piles of clothes in my bedroom.

I am telling you that because my house, for the most part, looks clean. To any random visitor or friend stopping by everything has a place and is fairly put together. My one year old is bathed, has on a clean cloth diaper, full tummy of organic almond milk, and off in sleepy land. I came home from rehearsals, put all of my attention on my little man and once he fell asleep I cleaned up and prepared for tomorrow before getting ready for bed myself. The house LOOKS good. Just don't enter my bedroom.

Each of those laundry piles has a reason. There's the dirty laundry pile, the clean but need to be folded cloth diapers, the clean but need to be sorted clothes, the sorted but need to be hung up pile, the Goodwill area, dry clean only (that may have to wait yet another year) and finally the hand wash items.

I feel like this may be how my life is. Looks good on the outside but the inside is just various degrees of mess. Organized mess. Method to my madness mess.

But hey, it's MY mess, right? I know where all those piles are and what they do.

Get ready, world, it's laundry day!!!

No comments: