9.29.2011

Number Six-Know When To Stop, Wal-Mart Lady

To anyone who mistakes the gender of a baby:

Know when to stop.

So I was in Wal-Mart with the LM.  Now I HATE Wal-Mart.  I was there against my will.  I know plenty of people who love Wal-Mart and enjoying saving money.  This is not a post about exploitation and corruption so don't start getting your undies in a twist.

This is about knowing when to stop.

As I was walking around with the LM, who looks like a BOY (a very boyish boy), a Wal-Mart employee stopped and cooed at my son.  I'm used to it.  He's adorable and loves to smile.  Then the employee turns to me and says, "What an adorable little girl!"  Okay, that's fine.  He's young, wearing yellow and white, no biggie.  "Actually he's a boy, but thank you!  I certainly think so."

Employee looks at me.  "Wow, he sure looks like a girl."

Me: "Well, he definitely a boy"

Employee: "Are you sure?"

I walked away.

No comments: