11.01.2011

Number Thirty Nine-Scheduling Time for Love

I have come to a conclusion.

Living apart from a spouse is difficult.  That's right.  I said it.  It is hard.

No wonder people (actor people especially) have difficulty with fidelity.  They are always moving around, having time apart, living separate lives.  It gets really difficult.  And then, when the difficult times come and you need a shoulder to cry on, your spouse isn't there and so you find other outlets.

I totally get it.  It is really difficult.

I think I have found the solution.  Though it's not extremely romantic and takes out some of the grandiose gestures, I have found that it works.

While the HH and I are on different sides on the continent we have decided to sit down once a week and schedule 2-3 times a day where we know we are going to talk.  One of those times every single day is a time where we will both be REALLY available to sit down and listen.  We also try to make sure that one of those times every day the HH and LM are able to skype and see each other.

It isn't always the most convenient and it isn't always perfect (especially on my end, HH is always so patient with me) but we never give up.  We have actually gotten a lot better with communicating with one another.

So as unromantic as it may sound, schedule some time everyday for love.

It may help.

No comments: